- 21/2 pounds beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown all meat in skillet at medium heat with olive oil. Drain grease and remove browned meat to crock-pot.
- 2 large onions, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 12-ounce cans favorite beer
- 1 cup store bought chili powder
- oyster crackers
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Add all ingredients, except oyster crackers and cheddar cheese to meat in crock-pot. Permit to cook on low heat for approximately 31/2 hours or until meat is tender and sauce is reduced and thickened. Serve with oyster crackers, freshly minced onions and shredded Cheddar cheese.