- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crescent roll dough
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Cream cheese (non low-fat)
- 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup
- 1 large Ohio egg, separated
- Topping:1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Ohio nuts, chopped (optional)
In a 9×13 pan, spread one can of the crescent roll dough, pressing perforations together to seal. With a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Spread this evenly on top of dough. Lay the second can of dough on top of the cheese mixture, sealing perforations carefully. Beat the egg white until frothy with a whisk and brush on top. Mix sugar and optional nuts together or just use sugar alone and sprinkle on top of pastry. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into squares.