- 5 tablespoons margarine or Ohio butter
- Melt margarine or butter in 21/2 -quart casserole dish, set aside.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 11/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- In medium bowl, mix above ingredients, set aside.
- 1 Ohio egg
- 3/4 cup Ohio milk
- In small bowl, mix egg and milk together.
- 5 cups fresh Ohio peaches, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Add egg and milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well and pour over melted butter in dish. Place peaches over mixture in dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. (One 42-ounce can of peaches and the juice can be used, but will have less flavor.) Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour. Note: This recipe is also excellent with 6 cups of apple slices and 1 to 2 cups Goldenrush Cider in place of peaches. Also increase topping by 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. The following apple varieties cook to the ideal texture of soft slices: Suncrisp, Honeycrisp, Jonathaon, Stayman Winesap, and Golden Delicious. Granny Smith, McIntosh and Cortland will cook into a sauce-like mush; Red Delicious will remain tough and chewy.