Farm Market Submission
Thank you for submitting your Farmers’ Market to Ohio Proud!
Ohio Proud understands you are interested in starting a farmers’ market. Below are some of our recommendations to help you get started.
- First, you need a location for farmers to gather to sell their products.
- Check local/county health department’s regulations.
- Call your local agriculture county extension office. (Franklin County is 614-771-8339)
- Place an advertisement in your local paper, stating you are starting a farmers’ market and are looking for local farmers to sell at the market.
- You can also place an advertisement in the Ohio Country Messenger. Call 419-523-5300.
- Invite local nurseries and greenhouses to sell at your market.
- Talk to other farm market managers. Visit www.OhioProud.org for a complete listed of farmers’ markets.
- ODA’s Food Safety Division can answer questions regarding processed, baked, canned or foods that require refrigeration at your market. Call 614-728-6250
- Contact the Ohio Farmers’ Market Managers Network at 740-289-2071 ext. 234
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800 IM PROUD (1-800-467-7683).
—The Ohio Proud Team